Breakfast at Buttonwood Inn
Doug and Donna-Marie prepare everything from scratch with primarily fresh local ingredients. Their gourmet breakfast entrees are creative with unique flavors and food combinations. We serve award-winning maple syrup purchased from Fuller’s Sugarhouse in Lancaster, New Hampshire. With prior notice, most entrees can be modified for gluten-free (for those with gluten sensitivities), vegan, diabetic, or vegetarian diets. One morning a savory breakfast entrée is served and the next morning a sweet breakfast is served. The savory morning breakfast starts with either a quick bread or muffin and juices, including our special concoctions. Homemade granola, yogurt, fresh fruit, and toast and jam are also available if you prefer a lighter start to your day. For the savory breakfasts, one of the following may be on the menu:
- Light, fluffy scrambled eggs topped with fiesta blend cheese and diced smoked ham. The side variations may include Potato Cakes, Southwestern Potato Hash, or Sweet Potato Turkey Hash with Black Beans.
- Baked Cheddar Cheese Omelet (plain or with ham) and Vegetable Puree of Broccoli
- Roasted Vegetable Frittata with roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes with Rosemary
The sweet breakfast entrée will start with a freshly cut fruit salad topped with raspberry puree or warm apple compote topped with yogurt and granola topping. Sweet breakfast entrees are served with either pork sausage patties or thick-cut bacon and New Hampshire made maple syrup, which may be one of the following:
- Yeast Belgian Waffles
- Pancakes:Banana Pecan Whole Wheat, Lemon-Scented Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, Pumpkin Cranberry White Chocolate Chip
- Baked French Toast with Wild Maine Blueberries and Caramelized Brown Sugar Topping
Early coffee and tea is available on the buffet table at 7:30 am.
Breakfast is served from 8:00 to 9:00 am.
We can provide a travel breakfast for guests who have to leave the inn before breakfast, as long as we are informed at least 48 hours in advance.