Breakfast at Buttonwood Inn
Chef Paula prepares everything from scratch with primarily fresh local ingredients. Her gourmet breakfast entrees are creative with unique flavors and food combinations. She makes pork or turkey sausage patties with spices and fresh herbs. We serve award-winning maple syrup purchased from Fuller’s Sugarhouse in Lancaster, New Hampshire. With prior notice, most entrees can be modified for gluten-free (for those with Celiac Disease), vegan (a slight additional charge per person per day applies for vegan), diabetic, or vegetarian diets. One morning a savory breakfast entrée is served and the next morning a sweet breakfast is served. The savory morning breakfast starts with either a very light and tender scone, quick bread, or muffin and juices, including our special concoctions. Cereals, homemade granola, yogurt, fresh fruit, and toast and jam are also available if you prefer a lighter start to your day. For the savory breakfasts, Chef Paula would prepare one of the following:
- Light, fluffy scrambled eggs with ham and fiesta blend cheese folded in —egg variations: sautéed sweet red peppers and Monterrey Jack cheese or sautéed spinach, mushrooms, and Gruyere cheese. Potato Cakes, Southwestern Potato Hash, or Sautéed Sweet Potatoes with Apples and Sage may also served in this entrée.
- Baked Cheddar Cheese Omelet (plain or with ham) and Vegetable Puree of Broccoli
- Strata with Sausage, Corn, Baby Kale and Monterrey Jack cheese and Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes with Rosemary
The sweet breakfast entrée will start with a freshly cut fruit salad topped with raspberry puree, warm apple compote topped with yogurt and homemade granola topping, or apple crisp with honey crème fraiche. Sweet breakfast entrees are served with either Chef Paula’s homemade pork or turkey sausage patties or thick-cut bacon and New Hampshire made maple syrup, which may be one of the following:
- Yeasted Belgian Waffles
- Pancakes: Banana Pecan Whole Wheat, Pecan Whole Wheat on Warm Strawberry Sauce, Lemon-Scented Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, Blueberry and Apricot Ginger Buckwheat, Pumpkin Cranberry White Chocolate Chip
- Baked French Toast with Wild Maine Blueberries and Caramelized Brown Sugar Topping or Pumpkin with Dark Chocolate Chips
Chef Paula’s best seller sweet baked starters:
Early coffee and tea is available on the buffet table at 7:30 am.
Breakfast is served from 8:30 to 9:30 am.
We can provide a travel breakfast for guests who have to leave the inn before breakfast, as long as we are informed at least 48 hours in advance.