Breakfast at Buttonwood Inn
Chef Paula prepares everything from scratch with primarily fresh local ingredients. Her gourmet breakfast entrees are creative with unique flavors and food combinations. She makes pork sausage patties with spices and fresh herbs. We serve award-winning maple syrup purchased from Fuller’s Sugarhouse in Lancaster, New Hampshire. With prior notice, most entrees can be modified for gluten-free (for those with Celiac Disease), vegan (a slight additional charge per person per day applies for vegan), diabetic, or vegetarian diets. One morning a savory breakfast entrée is served and the next morning a sweet breakfast is served. The savory morning breakfast starts with either a very light and tender scone, quick bread, or muffin and juices, including our special concoctions. Cereals (hot or cold), granola, yogurt, fresh fruit, and toast and jam are also available if you prefer a lighter start to your day. For the savory breakfasts, Chef Paula would prepare one of the following:
- Light, fluffy scrambled eggs topped with fiesta blend cheese and diced smoked ham. The side variations are Potato Cakes, Southwestern Potato Hash, or Sweet Potato Turkey Hash with Black Beans.
- Baked Cheddar Cheese Omelet (plain or with ham) and Vegetable Puree of Broccoli
- Roasted Vegetable Frittata with roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes with Rosemary
The sweet breakfast entrée will start with a freshly cut fruit salad topped with raspberry puree or warm apple compote topped with yogurt and granola topping. Sweet breakfast entrees are served with either Chef Paula’s homemade pork sausage patties or thick-cut bacon and New Hampshire made maple syrup, which may be one of the following:
- Yeasted Belgian Waffles
- Pancakes: Banana Pecan Whole Wheat, Lemon-Scented Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, Pumpkin Cranberry White Chocolate Chip
- Baked French Toast with Wild Maine Blueberries and Caramelized Brown Sugar Topping
Chef Paula’s best seller sweet baked starters:
Early coffee and tea is available on the buffet table at 7:30 am.
Breakfast is served from 8:30 to 9:30 am.
We can provide a travel breakfast for guests who have to leave the inn before breakfast, as long as we are informed at least 48 hours in advance.